Re: freedesktop.org platform - preparing for release 1

<quote who="Daniel Stone">

> I've just been appointed freedesktop.org release manager and am looking
> towards a freedesktop.org Platform release.

> As soon as I've worked out the basic shape/schedule of the first platform
> release, I'll be posting it somewhere.
>
> Cheers!
> :) d, fd.o RM

Just wanted to say that this is an awesome move on freedesktop.org's part,
as we can collectively depend on the 'freedesktop.org platform', and have
some kind of agreement as to what those foundation components should be.
Having a coherent freedesktop.org release and schedule will do wonders for
all of us.

Thanks!

- Jeff

   "When there's public debate and mass hysteria, that's when the patches
                         roll in." - Michael Meeks