Re: preferred applications dialog: Mail Readers hardcoded

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 15:25, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> I've wanted to do that for a while for magicdev as well. The main
> problem is that everybody and their sisters would add keywords, and they
> wouldn't match, and where one would look for those desktop files.
> The actual code is piece of piss.

Well, it should not be too bad to standardize on names if we do it
through freedesktop.org.  Besides, adding keywords is only useful if
people know about them and can use them, so I do not see a huge
incentive to add a bunch of crap.

But I agree that looking for and managing the .desktop files is a pain.
Indeed, the code would suck.

	Robert Love