RE: PATCH keyword, again

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 10:11, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > So how am I supposed to get a second maintainer if I can't
> > get a second developer?  Are we going to kick Yelp out of the
> > GNOME Desktop because I'm the only person who wants to work on it?
>
> No, I am suggesting that maintainers try to find co-maintainers. I'm most
> concerned about the maintainers who aren't even asking for help.

I agree.  I just don't want to see us implement a strict rule that if
you only have one maintainer, you're out.

> By the way, is your yelp TODO list on a web page, or are you using the
> easy-fix keyword?

There's a holistic overview of the big infastructural work at

http://www.gnome.org/~shaunm/yelp/

I don't often use the easy-fix keyword, because there generally aren't a
whole lot of easy fixes.  Yelp's interface is simple enough that easy
fixes are generally fixed quickly.  The vast majority of what needs to
be done is infastructural work.  This isn't easy-fix stuff, and it's
also the kind of stuff that's difficult to have new contributors do.

I have recently managed to get some contributions, particularly from
Chee Bin HOH, who completely fixed the Find dialog.  I'd like to think
that my activeness on mailing lists and IRC has encouraged this.

Nonetheless, I'm still the only person really doing infastructure work.
This stuff will settle down, and at that point it will be easier for
other people to work on the core.  But right now, there's really very
little hope of me getting a maintainer-level contributor soon.

--
Shaun