Re: Proposed: libgnetwork

On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 07:51, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> libgnetwork
> -----------
>
> Is it just me, or does nothing in the Desktop use this? gnome-network
> doesn't. I don't think we should add a library module unless something uses
> it. Not that libgnetwork isn't a good idea or anything, but... Hmm. ;-)

gnome-network is going to use it as soon as time permits. Apart from
that, there were some comments, back when libgnetwork was first
proposed, from people wanting a networking library in the platform, to
avoid the gnet/soup/mynetlib... usage everywhere in GNOME CVS.

I think libgnetwork is the best candidate for being that lib, since it
uses a GObject-oriented approach. For 2.8, 2.10 or whatever, we should
probably think about integrating soup and other interesting libs into
libgnetwork.

cheers