Re: Proposed: gnome-network

>> gnome-network
>> -------------
>>
>> Lots of cool stuff in here, but is it ready to go? Perhaps Desktop
Sharing,
>> Remote Desktop Client and Network Information will be, though some UI
Review
>> action would certainly help them out. The Personal Web Server and
Remote
>> Shell Client might need further discussion as to what we want to get
out of
>> them. I think this is totally hot stuff, all in all, but some parts
might
>> need a bit more time before hitting the Desktop release. Any
portability
>> concerns?
>
>I've submitted a bug with a lot of FreeBSD patches, but it looks like
>the gnome-network guys will be converting over to libgnetwork, so my
>patches might need a bit of touch up.  Overall [FreeBSD] portability is
>very doable, and I'm very excited about this module.
Mybe it is a good idea if you update your patch and submit it to the
gnome-network-list as well, not only to bugzilla.

>> Interesting dependencies: cherokee, libvncserver and libzvt (which is
only
>> used by gnome-ppp, which is not built by default, and there's a
continuing
>> discussion as to whether this functionality belongs here or in
g-s-t).

>> Further discussion goes HERE! :-)
>
>It seems to me it may still need (or is scheduled to receive) a severe
>internal make-over, and may not be ready in time for 2.6.  This is just
>my feeling based on feedback to my portability bug.
Is there a release plan for 2.6 somewhere? Sorry if this is a stupid
question,
but i'm relative new to GNOME development. I'm asking because I'm
working on
the gnome-remote-shell and want to update the UI more than already done
last week
and add want to add some more functionality, especially connection
profiles.

BTW: Adding libgnetwork and noone needs this library doesn't make sense.
I think it's better to add this library when it is really needed.

Ulrich