Re: PPP Dial up tool

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 16:08, Matthew Garrett wrote:

> Hmm. Really? Has this changed? Maybe I'm just confused by what g-s-t
> did. Hang on, let me check the source...
>
> Hmm, as far as I can tell it still seems to configure wvdial, which
> isn't what pon uses. Uh, no, maybe it does. No, I don't understand this
> code at all :) What does g-s-t do for different distributions, and
> what's the Right Way for another application to get the list of
> configured ISPs from it?

Modemlight or pon do not seem to work for me straight away and I put it
down to wvdial being already configured.

(Too sleepy to look at what files were setup and being read by what
app... ) this is surely one aspect Gnome desktop could do with more
clarity as there are lots of users on dialup connections.

Ramanan