Re: Use of American/British English

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Christian Rose wrote:

> > *nod* So then, should I file bug reports against apps that use both
> > "color" and "behaviour" by default?
>
> Definately. Also file bug reports if the program uses "colour" etc. in

Why do you want to waste (I have no other word for nitpicking like that)
developers time when it can be much more constructively used elsewhere?
Also, it means patches that change very little and may hide other chan-
ges (same thing as why whitespace-only fixes are generally not accepted)
Besides, it means extra work for translators too.

> its original strings, i.e. non-US spellings. If the application is not
> part of the official GNOME release, that may still be acceptable,
> however. But certainly not if it is.

Every developer has the right to choose the language he writes his pro-
gram in. Some actually write their programs in French or something else.

I think you're wasting all of our time. Could you please stop this dis-
cussion and get over it?

Thx.

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout