Re: File chooser API for formats in Save mode

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 17:22 -0600, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> What do people think of this API?  [Owen, you had more ideas during
> today's meeting...]

Is there any reason we can't tie in to the MIME system?  I would think
it would be nice to help ensure consistency and such between file types,
and also provide automatic support for file filtering and file type
icons, not to mention possible ease the API a bit.  (No need for the
programmer to get together file type names in dozens of translations, no
need to find/remember icon, etc.  Just say "add application/mswod" or
whichever and let the file chooser do the magic.)