Re: About that Quality thing [was Re: TARBALLS DUE + Release Update / Schedule Slip]
- From: Luis Villa <louie ximian com>
- To: Ronald Bultje <rbultje raq textinfo nl>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, gnome-hackers gnome org, leif ambient 2y net
- Subject: Re: About that Quality thing [was Re: TARBALLS DUE + Release Update / Schedule Slip]
- Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:19:03 -0500
On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 14:38, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> Hi Luis,
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Luis Villa wrote:
> > gst-mixer regressing (might be unavoidable, given the gstreamer switch-
> > media dudes?):
> > http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=131575
> That's not a regression. Old gnome-mixer (well, at least the one in
> gnome-media) didn't work with ALSA-0.9.x at all.
I only know what people tell me, and the reporter says it used to work.
:) If that's incorrect, probably this should be punted off of 2.6.0.
It would be nice if it worked with latest ALSA, though, as I assume
distros will be moving to that with time?
> But just to clarify: any type of regression caused by GStreamer is by
> definition a bad thing, partly because it means we can't do something and
> that'll slow us down in taking over the world but mostly just because it's
> a lame excuse for a bug. A bug is a bug, a regression is a bug.
Woohoo. Sure we can't talk you out of this medschool thing? :)
] [Thread Prev