Re: Common sense

<quote who="Bill Haneman">

> Release names serve a purpose IMO, they are not totally purposeless even
> if they are meaningless.

> Is that not simple enough?  IMO we don't need a 20-page rulebook to avoid
> _most_ potential problems here.

Dude, we already avoid names for stable releases, because they're widely
representative and very publically known. Quite a few people expressed the
concern that development releases had a similar representative force, so
applying the same rule to *all aggregate releases* doesn't seem out of place
or ridiculous.

Individual module maintainers can continue to do whatever they want, but the
big GNOME releases - be they developer oriented or stable - need not have
names at all.

- Jeff

                      Hunch, n.: U.S. Foreign Policy.