GNOME 2.6 new modules decision: part 2

So, following on from the first list of decisions, which was also late:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-announce-list/2004-January/msg00089.html

Here's the outstanding decisions;

Rhythmbox:

The maintainers have withdrawn the proposal because they do not expect
to meet their own targets within the 2.6 schedule. The release team was
ready to enthusiastically approve Rhythmbox for 2.6 so we thank the
maintainers for their own high standards. Note that the release team
currently thinks that the community is likely to approve both Rhythmbox
and Totem+gstreamer for GNOME 2.8, if they are proposed."

Evolution, Evolution-Data-Server, gal, libsoup, etc,

As with Rythmbox, the maintainers have withdrawn the proposal because
they do not expect to meet their own targets within the 2.6 schedule. We
thank the maintainers for their attention to quality. There seems to be
massive support for evolution in GNOME, so we expect to see this in
GNOME 2.7/2.8.

Gnome System Tools

It's looks like No, though not all members of the release team have
given their full input. In general there is concern that
- Distros are not using it yet.
- It does not yet have a perfect solution for root privileges.
- The menu structure for user and system preference is not fully
decided.

Hopefully this decision reflects the community's wishes, though the
maintainer deserves a more constructive explanation. I will reply to
this email to give my personal opinion.

--
Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>