Re: Scripting in Gnome

On 04/02/04 19:58, Bill Haneman wrote:

Let's go back to an eariler part of the thread (I'm suffering serious email lag ATM). I said:

We have this already, via the python bindings for at-spi.  ...

We just need some folks to start writing the scripts and clients, the tools are there. It's just that nobody is taking advantage of this capability yet, outside of GOK and gnopernicus.

This sounds excellent, and something that I could really use.  Why isn't
this advertised more?

I think people think of it as 'that accessibility stuff' and don't stop to think of it as a general service.

Just thought I would add a pointer to my linux.conf.au slides, which gave an overview of scripting with the a11y framework, along with some specific examples:
   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/talks/lca2004/

The talk was recorded, but I don't know when the audio will be made available.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/