Re: gnome-vfs error messages

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 16:06, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 00:48, Sean Middleditch wrote:
>
> >  Is this something worth trying to fix?  Is it possible to fix without
> > adding/changing API/ABI?
>
> The bad error messages have nothing to do with API/ABI and just requires
> someone to spend a lot of time writing good error dialogs for the (very
> many) special cases that can happen. Also, it has nothing to do with
> gnome-vfs per se, as error dialogs are displayed by apps (typically
> Nautilus).

A shameless plug: I've attempted to do this in Conglomerate, see here:

http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsblame.cgi?file=conglomerate%2Fsrc/cong-error-file-save.c&rev=&root=/cvs/gnome
(used when File->Save fails)

http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsblame.cgi?file=conglomerate%2Fsrc/cong-error-file-open.c&rev=&root=/cvs/gnome
(used when File->Open fails)

If I tidy this up into a resuable API, is there somewhere it can have a
home?  gnome-vfs?  libgnomeui?