Re: Scripting in Gnome

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 11:55, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> Or are you saying that your new engine can, via these xml files, be
> told how to interpret any language?

Yes that's right. Supported Language features would be limited though to
what is appropriate for a macro language.

The current engine I'm about to write will use the python interpreter so
the xml files will define a grammar for the language and specify how
they are translated to python. I plan to support VBA this way as well as
javascript. Python support will of course be available natively although
i will have to restrict what modules it can import because its way too
powerful for a macro language - a crippled python does make an ideal
macro language though.

VBA provides application specific objects and these will also be defined
using xml in addition to the grammar.

jamie.