Re: GNOME Development Release 2.5.3: "That and a pair of testicles."

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 02:34, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> GNOME Development Release 2.5.3: "That and a pair of testicles."
>
> The latest GNOME Development Release is ready for your bug-busting and
> testing pleasure! It is available for immediate download on ftp.gnome.org
> and mirrors:
>
>   http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/desktop/2.5/2.5.3/sources/

I know you mention the fd.o packages in the Build Requirements, but I
think at least two of them are as important as pkgconfig, and probably
deserve to be listed explicitly (as well as available for download) from
the above URL.  The hicolor-icon-theme and shared-mime-info packages are
vital for this release of GNOME.  It's also not very clear that these
packages are needed until after you have the desktop installed.  I know
you're relying heavily on distributors here, but I really think you
should reconsider those packages.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke