Re: gnome-vfs build issue

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 12:42 -0500, Luis Villa wrote:
> So, would I get crucified if I made tinderbox build with -Werror? :)
> Rather, if I did that, then nagged people about it? [I'm assuming
> 'yes' but I don't really know...]
>
> Luis
I tried making -Werror mandatory for gnome-games back in 2.7. The main
problem I had that would affect tinderbox was making sure that the
version of gcc used by tinderbox matches the version used by the
developer, otherwise tinderbox is working from a different warning set
than the developer. The warnings would still be valid, but it is a PITA
to only have then spotted after the commit to CVS.

To answer your question another way, no, I wouldn't crucify you. But
only because the 15 hours flying time to get to you would be more
painful to me than the nagging :).

 - Callum