Re: Translations of folder names - two proposals

Blah, meant to include this in the previous reply...

On Sat, 2004-12-11 at 12:07 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> The symlink approach violates principles of good design:
>  - it's not encapsulated; the implementation is leaked out and
>    essentially cut-and-pasted (e.g. rules for creating it, etc.
>    replicated in every script/app)

The symlink approach may leak implementation details to developers, but
the gettext approach is constantly in danger of leaking implementation
details to the users.

What happens if I tar up my homedir (from nautilus even) and then look
at the archive in file roller? There's no way that can work right in the
gettext scenario.

-- Dan