Re: Proposal: gnome-user-share

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 16:47 +0100, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> that's why we'd need a view of the shared folders besides feedback in nautilus
> (i.e: hand below folders), have I already said that shares-admin does this? :)
You need to do better than that if you want someone to be aware of what
they are sharing. It works fine for the folders that are regularly
visible, like on the desktop, but the moment you have an obscure folder
that you don't see very often it is very easy to forget about it and
never see it again, regardless of what emblem it has.

This is not to say that an emblem on the folder is a bad idea, it just
isn't the solution to the problem of keeping track of what is shared.

I also never understood the "hand below the folder" as an emblem. I have
no idea what the analogy is meant to be. It certainly isn't obvious that
it should mean "shared" to me, although we have all learnt that that is
what it means.

 - Callum