Re: [daniel freedesktop org: Timeline, and slippage]
- From: Keith Packard <keithp keithp com>
- To: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list mail gnome org, kde-core-devel kde org, xdg freedesktop org, Carl Worth <cworth east isi edu>, freedesktop freedesktop org, Daniel Stone <daniel fooishbar org>
- Subject: Re: [daniel freedesktop org: Timeline, and slippage]
- Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 09:34:21 -0700
Around 18 o'clock on Aug 5, Owen Taylor wrote:
> - Released software really shouldn't be using stuff that isn't
> yet standardized
> - But specifications shouldn't be standardized before the
> existence of interoperating implementations.
Ideally, we would have both a standard, a sample implementation and a test
suite packaged together in a single release...
Description: PGP signature
] [Thread Prev