Re: spacial

El jue, 29-04-2004 a las 20:05, +0100, mike escribió:

> Anyone any idea whether any other apps are looking at following nautilus
> with the spatial metaphor.
>
> What I think would be nice if eg: gedit while keeping tabs would follow
> the idea that not not more than one instance could be open at the same
> time
Well, I think that spatial is a good way to do things in nautilus
because, at last, you must interact a lot between them (moving files
through folders and then...), but, is better us to take a little look at
the past.
IExplorer use multple windows browsing, but mozilla (after Opera)
implemented tab navigation... and people in windows feel more
comfortable in mozilla.
MSN Messenger uses multi-window chatting, but lot of people are using
gaim on windows because they feel more comfortable with tabbed chatting.
I mean, I really like spatial to browse through my folders, but I think
that spatial concept shouldn't be used for all over the desktop, is
better to think about where is good to use, and where not.

Alberto Ruiz
arc gulic org