Re: spacial

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 12:13:05PM +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> > FWIW, I absolutely second that. I want to use a spatial text editor, MDI
> > interfaces make me want to scream. So badly that I wrote my own
> > semi-spatial text editor with Mono which does the job for me, but I
> > don't think it's good enough to release it yet (it's also missing the
> > critical functionality of making sure that a document is only open
> > once).
> >
> as someone already said, this does not make any sense. I am myself all
> day opening different views of the same file, side by side. Having an
> editor which does not allow that makes absolutely no sense for me.

There's a difference between multiple views of the same file and
having a file loaded into multiple windows.

Multiple views on a file is nice, but all views would have to be kept in
sync at all times.

The concept of loading/saving files doesn't match that well with
the spatial/object thing and synchronized views. Therefore I think
there would have to done something on this basic level, or Gedit
and the like should stay as they are.

---
Thorsten Wilms