Re: State of the X clipboard, and perhaps a solution

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 20:29, Hongli Lai wrote:
> Jerry Haltom wrote:
> > We do. I've been bitten by this numerous times. Daily I open up
> > Evolution, find a saved piece of email that has a URL or password stored
> > in it, copy it, close evolution and then attempt to paste the password
> > into the program I am working with. I immediately know what I did wrong,
> > but despite doing it at least a dozen times, I can't stop. It is a
> > definite usability defect.
>
> It may not be the perfect solution but you may want to use my GNOME
> Clipboard Daemon:

Yes, it might not be the perfect solution, but I find that works very
well. I have not found any test case that shows that it creates
performance problems, though there are rumors of performance problems
with gnumeric.

--
Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com