Re: patch to gnome-session: smooth fade on logout

On Mer, 2004-04-21 at 15:17, Sander Vesik wrote:
> Don't be silly - as GPL contains a patent-grant, it doesn't matter if
> patent implementing patches are sent to upstream by Sun or not, just
> having it somewhere (which is guaranteed by GPL) allows you to use both
> the patch and the patent, at least in code derived from patched
> gnome-session.

True and this is an important GPL property

> Sun isn't in the business of filing for silly patents anyways.

False. Sun claims such patents as "Shopping cart",
and are currently heavily lobbying the EU to adopt US style patent
disasters. I do appreciate however that Sun employees and Sun may not
share the same views.