Re: patch to gnome-session: smooth fade on logout

Hi Ross,

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 03:57, Ross Girshick wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For a while I've been annoyed by the choppy fade when logging out. This
> is especially a problem on a high resolution laptop displays when
> throttling CPU performance. Below is a patch to provide a smooth
> fadeout. I've tested it on a 1400x1050 display with the CPU throttling
> between 600MHz and 1.6GHz -- fading was nice and smooth.

	Cool, thanks much. This needed to be done. I'll get around to reviewing
the patch soon.

>  This is also
> the first patch that I'm submitting to the gnome community over a
> mailing list and directly to maintainers, so if I'm breaking and
> etticate please let me know. I hope to become a gnome developer in the
> future.

	Its always a good idea to log a bug in bugzilla and attach the patch
there. It sometimes helps to bug the maintainer until they review it too
:-)

Cheers,
Mark.