Request for GNOME2.8 inclusion: Cantus 3

Hello,

I have sent this request to gnome-love before and been directed to this
list.

I am the author of "Cantus", a free, GTK2-based (audio) tag application.
Cantus has recently been released in a 3.0 pre-release. I believe that
it is very extensible and capable to include all features users would
expect from such an application.

Planned features for the final 3.0 release are:

* GTK2-based
* Full Plugin support
* ID3V1, ID3V2 (mp3/flac) and OGG (Vorbis) support
* Rename files by their tags
* Multithreaded
* Full I18N

More features can of course be added by using plugins.
The programming language is C++, using gtkmm/libglademm as GUI toolkit
library.

The project homepage is here:
http://www.debain.org/?project=3

The CVS tree is here:
http://cvs.gna.org/viewcvs/cantus/cantus-3/

...and API-Documentations are here:
http://www.debain.org/cantus/cantus3_api.html

Fernando Herrera already pointed out that integration with Rythmbox may
make sense; however, I have not looked at it by myself, neighter do I
know if Rythmbox is written in C or C++. Of course, I have not discussed
this with the Rythmbox authors yet.

Comments appreciated.

Thanks,
-Samuel