Network shortcuts

In the gnome release notes there is an icon for an SSH connection on the
nautilus desktop.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how I might
create such a wondrous thing.  If someone could kindly direct me how I
might go about doing this.  I can type ssh:hostname into the Ctrl+L
dialog (quite cool), but there seems to be no way to create a launcher
or other mechanism by which I could make this simpler.  For that matter
I cannot determine what if anything can be done in the "Network"
pseudofolder at all.

I'm clearly missing something here.  Could some kind soul point me in
the correct direction?