Re: JAVA and legal issues

Both have specific legal/political issues which should be resolved before they're accepted widely in the open source community.

I still believe that the situation with JCP controlled Java is much better than ECMA compliant clone of MS.NET subset, however below are some points where JCP falls short of open source community's expectation :

http://linuxintegrators.com/blog/acoliver/news/?permalink=0124.html&page=comments

Xavier

2004-04-01 목 12:50, Kevin Francis이(가) 씀:
I am sorry to bring this up, but just to clarify, isn't java more
legally encumbered than MONO (even in OSS form) because SUN is the sole
owner (it's not even a standard or anything with ECMA or any other body).

SUN therefore could potentially have the distribution of any OSS JVMs if
they felt threatened?