Re: close button on terminal tabs

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 20:24, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 13:53, Paolo Borelli wrote:
> > oops... this time with a sensible subject and with desktop-devel cc'ed.
> > Sorry for the double mail :/
> >

> > Hi Havoc,
> > 	I was thinking that it would be nice to have a close button on each tab
> > of the terminal, like gedit and epiphany do.
> >
> > Since it seemed easy enaugh, I went ahead and created the attached
> > patch.
> I think there's a bug in bugzilla about this, it may even have a patch
> also. Could you attach your patch to that bug? I remember making some
> comments on that bug that probably apply to this patch as well.

Yup, I found the bug: it's #71444

The comments in the bug are not gnome-terminal specific though, but
apply with every gnome-apps which uses a tabbed interface.

The main point is that only the close button of the current tab should
be sensible; clicking on the close button of a hidden tab should bring
up the tab, like clicking on the rest of the label.

It could be worth discussing this with epiphany and gedit developers and
with usability people.