Re: network://

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 20:43, Ian McKellar wrote:

> This doesn't include a server but has applications advertise themselves.
> I haven't had any problems running multiple apps at once. I do think
> that a gnome-wide responder would be better since responders really
> should be watching for things like interfaces coming up and down to
> readvertise on new interfaces transparently, but I don't think that
> would cause any conflict with other responders on the system.

Righty - I wasn't sure if it worked that way or not.  Multicast works a
little differently than plain TCP, which is where all my network coding
experience lies.  ;-)

> Now I just need to make MOL work on my system again so I can keep
> hacking on this. I have a bunch of changes I need to finish and check in
> that I was half way through when my laptop broke last.

Ouch.  :(

btw, have you contacted any of the other zeroconf-on-linux groups
(dotlocal.org, zeroconf.sf.net, etc.) to see about possible
collaboration?

> Ian
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.