Re: [gst-devel] Re: GStreamer CVS move ?

On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 21:25, David Schleef wrote:
> And, by the way, before anyone starts bothering the cvs.gnome.org
> people about this

Yeah but we are talking about a serious GNOME requirement here. It's not
like GNOME would work without it these days. There are already a bunch
of 'questionable' things on cvs.gnome.org whose existence no one bothers
so I don't see a big problem here. SourceForge starts to cause big pain
and a simple update could take hours in strange situations. And it's
more common now that you can't even connect to their CVS servers.

It's just my personal opinions but it would really make sense to put it
on cvs.gnome.org. There are also automate build systems for GNOME who
then could easy access to the stuff as well when building a full GNOME
desktop.

Now it's a very good time to do this step. SF is defacto unusable, 2.4
is out soon, GNOME depends on GStreamer. All things that would vote for
it. And soon when everybody concentrates on 2.6 the needs of GStreamer
will increase.

I also think that there is nothing to be ashamed of to talk with the
GNOME people or the admins of cvs.gnome.org since you are working for
the community and for GNOME and not against it. As more GNOME grows, as
more people getting involved as more bandwidth is required anyways and
the majority of people probably update from anoncvs rather than checking
out all the time.

greetings,

Ali Akcaagac