Re: Clipboard daemon

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 15:38, Hongli Lai wrote:
> Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
>
> >I'm frequently confused by the various X clipboard systems [1], but ...
> >
> >It looks like Hongli is saying "my daemon doesn't use PRIMARY" and Jodi is
> >saying "Gnumeric doesn't use PRIMARY". So where's the problem?
> >
> >Hongli, when someone just selects some cells in Gnumeric without even
> >copying, would you expect that to result in a large transfer of data when
> >using your clipboard daemon?
> >

> My daemon only gets data from CLIPBOARD. If Gnumeric doesn't put
> anything on CLIPBOARD then I don't see why it would result in large data
> transfers if you're just selecting some cells.

I think Jody was talking about "Select All ... Copy", ie. CLIPBOARD, and
saying that doing that operation is

a) Very common with spreadsheets since you do it to move cells around
internally to the application, and
b) Produces a very large amount of data, especially since gnumeric
supports a wide range of targets.

--
Andrew Sobala <as583 cam ac uk>

Given by our hand in the meadow that is called Runnymede, between
Windsor and Staines, on the fifteenth day of June in the seventeenth
year of our reign.