Re: Gnome desktop files doesn't follow the freedesktop standards

Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
From: desktop-devel-list-admin gnome org <quote who="Robert McMeekin">

Epiphany               |  Application does something relating to A
                      |  church festival celebrated on the 6th of
                      |  January, and it's in the ``Internet''
                      |  category

... with an icon that just SCREAMS "let's surf the web, kiddo!" We have lots of context points to spend here. Are we being miserly?

The accessibility folks would have something to say about that. Also, I've
never ever seen a decent icon for "web browser".

Don't forget the tool tip ``Browse the web'' (I'm sure Mr Waugh left
that out only to save me some embarrassment :-)

--
Robert McMeekin <rrm3 rrm3 org>