Re: PHP Syntax Highlighting in gedit

On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 18:41, Mark Finlay wrote:
> I really want to add PHP syntax highlighting to gedit.

heh! - welcome to the club ;-)

> I've copied /usr/share/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs/html.lang to
> /usr/share/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs/php.lang and changed the
> mime type to application/x-php. I figured that html was a good starting
> point because it is a subset of php in practice[1].

Quite some time back, I had made a php.lang file for myself, and it
works fine in my box.
It does not do much, and basically a copy paste job from perl.lang

Get it from http://www.peacefulaction.org/sayamindu/php.lang
Put it in the usual location and see if it works.

I had contacted the GTKSourceview authors at that point, and IIRC, there
is probably a enhancement request regarding this somewhere in bugzilla.

> [1] Is it possible to make one language defn inherit another ?

no idea - but it would definitely be a cool feature. :-)

-HTH-
-sdg-