Re: gDesklets in GNOME 2.5?

Am Do, den 23.10.2003 schrieb Rodrigo Moya um 11:26:
> 4) add the possibility to move the desklets around. For me, starting 4
> or 5 desklets make 2 or 3 of them be below the others, so not at sight.

The middle mouse button does move them.

> 5) It seems to me a gDesklets script (and so, a python interpreter) is
> started for each display. I'm not sure if I'm wrong or not, but if not,
> then, would it be possible to just run one interpreter for all the
> displays?

Wrong. All desklets are running under the same interpreter in the same
process. If ps or other commands list gdesklets more than one time, then
this is because of threads, which some sensors use.

When adding a display, gdesklets is invoked again, but this process
terminates as soon as the filename and ID of the display have been
written to GConf.

Bye, Martin