Re: panel size on different resolutions

Hi Mark,

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 18:17, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> 	So, it occurred to me that perhaps what we want is the panel size to be
> specified in points instead of pixels. This means that the panel would
> occupy the same physical size on the screen no matter what the
> resolution.

	I guess the trick with points / DPI on the display is prolly to
synchronise with the Xft's hack that uses the Xft.dpi XSetting and
fallback to the X server's idea of DPI if that's not available (?). [cf.
http://ooo.ximian.com/patches/OOO_1_1/gui-font-scale.diff].

	HTH,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot