Re: Lockdown stuff

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 18:15, Ross Burton wrote:

> The examples I've seen of lock-down in GNOME tend to disable instead of
> hide the widgets.  Personally I'm not sure what is better -- from a
> support point of view I'd say disabling would be more obvious, as
> settings are not "magically" disappearing.

Could go either way... normally a user shouldn't see disabled controls
unless there's something they (not their sysadmin) can do to enable them
again, so my slight preference would be to hide them.

On the other hand, I see that the bit I wrote ages ago for the HIG says
to disable them with text or a tooltip saying "your sysadmin has
disabled this" (or words to that effect), so I can't make up my own mind
either :)

Cheeri,
Calum.