Re: Lockdown... Take 2

El mar, 14-10-2003 a las 19:13, Rob Adams escribió:
> Could we LD_PRELOAD an exec() (and system() ) wrapper for lockdown mode?

I think that we should modify the original exec() and system() calls,
they are basic calls that any application will use.

but IMHO the acls are the solution here.

Of course any user will be able to jump those restrictions, just copy
the executable with other authorized name and you can forget exec and
system restrictions or acls.

Also, with LD_PRELOAD the user can change it to use the original one or
his/her modification. Also, the LD_PRELOAD var does not work with setuid
executables (as a security protection).

Cheers.
--
Carlos Perelló Marín