Re: The noninclusion of Gaim

Hello,

> > I think that gaim should be the galeon of IM and for Gnome we need
> > something that fits in better with the goals of Gnome.
>
> Good luck, then.

Mark does not speak for all, so there is no need to heat up the debate.

I think that the point that people are trying to make is that it in
some areas the UI could be improved.  Somewhere else in the thread
someone has specific suggestions.

At some point in Gnome's history we had featuritis and
configuration-itis, too many options to configure things that few
people used, and we have swung back into no-features-at-all.

The right thing of course is to find a balance, and the right thing for
the Gnome users is to write a rational explanation explaining why they
believe a particular feature is not needed.

But just like the solution to options in gnome in the past was not to
`add another checkbox', the solution to gaim improving is not `lets
write a new one'.

Miguel