Re: The noninclusion of Gaim

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 17:48, Mark Finlay wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 16:44, Sean Egan wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 06:53, Christian Rose wrote:
>
> Even assuming that this is true it does not mean that
> a) it is the best IM client that will ever be written in gtk

	It is as of current. (In my opinion)

> b) it is up to Gnome standards

	I think it has surpassed GNOME standards for a quality application.

> I think that gaim should be the galeon of IM and for Gnome we need
> something that fits in better with the goals of Gnome.

	Wasn't there going to be a UI split in Gaim? If this ever occured,
somebody could write a GNOME-exclusive frontend and still use Gaim's
core. If this is a problem now, somebody could always fork GNOME to work
on a UI change.