Re: GNOME 2.4.1 and 2.5 schedule

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 16:21, Luis Villa wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 10:53, Sven Herzberg wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >   as some of you may have seen on FootNotes, there is a new cute
> > gnome-based game called monkey-bubble. I talked to the maintainer today
> > and he'd like to get it into GNOME 2.6. I committed some stuff today
> > (e.g. added i18n) and I'm going to help to get it as much GNOME-ish as
> > possible.
> >
> >   I would like to see a new arcade game in the next GNOME release and I
> > think that monkey-bubble has got the potential to make a really good
> > GNOME game.
>
> monkey-bubble is definitely pretty sweet looking, but... I'd prefer to
> see it become a part of gnome-games, though, instead of adding an
> additional module/build-thing/whathaveyou just for one game. That's my
> just two cents, though. [Maybe monster-masher might be ready for that as
> well? Don't know, I've never built it.]

And in my left ear, I hear Alex complaining about the size of the
tarball :)

gnome-games is big enough already, and stand-alone games will mean that
they will be maintained or die. Nobody wants their pretty game removed,
but they don't want to maintain it, lazy buggers.

I think Ross will agree with me there :)

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
I survived gnome-games maintainership.