Re: PROPOSAL: Evolution for GNOME 2.6

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 19:18, Marcin Krzyzanowski wrote:
> wh.. when there will come the time that evolution will not need db3 ?
> it's annoying because in distribution I use this is the only application
> that need db3 and we need link it staticaly... but...keep a good work.

Back in the good old days of Evo 0.x, it used the locally available db3
and dynamically linked.  And broke a lot.  The db3 maintainers don't
take file format stability seriously or something, and upgrading the
minor version changed the on-disk format.

Maybe this has changed with db4 (I hope so), and if so then I think that
Evo2 should switch to db4 as it is going to have to migrate the evo1.4
files anyway...

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./