RE: vcard-integration for gnome

> Note that you do not need to bind ORBit, but you can use
> another (C++) ORB instead, as long as it is able to
> communicate with ORBit (which is after all, what CORBA is about).
>
> For Ada for instance, the idea is to use an Ada ORB to
> communicate with ORBit.
>
> In the past we used AdaBroker, and in the future we'll use polyorb.

I know this is supposed to work, and I know that the accessibility guys have
had success using a Java ORB, but I'm not convinced it can be used to do all
the old BonoboUI menu/toolbar stuff. I'm fairly sure that BonoboUI does not
support a pure CORBA API. But this is an old conversation, and I have not
done a full investigation.

I am prepared to believe that it might be a BonoboUI-specific problem - both
the C API and the CORBA bits have been too poorly documented for us to
figure out what we are supposed to be trying to do anyway.

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc usa net