Re: Release Team's Almost-Final Modules List

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 18:47, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> I fully support this.  Like I said, g-s-t looks cool, and I am willing
> to do the work for FreeBSD.  I guess my point is about g-s-t's _current_
> readiness for 2.4.

My[1] concern (and this is probably something that needs to go into GEP
10) is not so much for 'does it run on FreeBSD' as ''can it run on
FreeBSD.' Joe, if it's your opinion that porting the current g-s-t
infrastructure will be difficult/very hard (once you've been able to
inspect it thoroughly), that's a huge strike against it.

OTOH, I don't think 'it's not yet ported to $FOO' should be a serious
strike- we just want to make sure that when someone does want to port it
somewhere it is reasonably possible to do so.

Luis

[1] I'm speaking only for myself, though I'd assume that most of release
team would agree if polled.