Re: Browser - [was 2.4 Proposed Modules - 2 weeks left]

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 10:54, Julien Olivier wrote:
> > It'll be better, but it still won't respect our icon themes and it won't
> > respect our HIG. We're going to cripple our long-term potential if we
> > consider apps that ignore those types of things to be acceptable
> > replacements for better GNOME-based apps.[1]
> >

> Wouldn't it be possible to create a Mozilla theme that would respect the
> icon theme, or to hack Mozilla so that it uses the icon theme with the
> "default" chrome on linux ?

I believe the current Mozilla work respects gtk-icon themes when the
'classic' Mozilla theme is used.  If the desktop-icon-set stuff doesn't
work yet, I expect it'll either work when gtk+ merges its icon theming
or be patched into submission ;-)

I could be wrong about how well the current Moz handles this, but it's
certainly on the Moz roadmap, for a11y reasons.

- Bill