XKB layout preview in capplet

Hi all

I desperately need a piece of advice from HIG gurus, usability monsters
and accessibility mentors. For a very long time, XKB configuration
capplet (part of gswitchit XKB GNOME toolkit) provided the "preview"
feature. It launched xkbprint utility (preparing Postscript file) and
put embedded ggv control into the capplet in order to show it. After
long discussions with Michael Meeks (thanks to him for the patience) I
finally got the idea that bonobo controls are not really intended to
work at full strength in any environment besides BonoboWindow (which my
capplet is not). So I nearly gave up trying to get ggv
menus/toolbars/... into my capplet.

The question is: what would be the best (from GNOME standards point of
view) way to show the preview:

1. Provide some user-configurable command (ggv/nautilus/...) and
"PREVIEW" button to launch it (with filename of the xkbprint result
file)

2. Lookup gnome-vfs for default executable for postscript mime type and
launch it (again, "PREVIEW" button).

3. The "PREVIEW" button to create BonoboWindow (one window on each
button click or one re-usable window).

4. Leave the bonobo control inside my capplet and not to feel guilty
about missing toolbars/menus/...

5. ??? [Anything you can invent to preview postscript file in not very
ggv-specific way]

Any thoughts on this subject would be highly appreciated...

--
Sergey