Re: SVG themes in GNOME2.4
- From: Calum Benson <calum benson sun com>
- To: Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus linuxrising org>
- Cc: Dave Camp <dave ximian com>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: SVG themes in GNOME2.4
- Date: 09 May 2003 12:55:12 +0100
On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 21:04, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:
> Well you maintaining Mist and Calum maintaining the a11y stuff is of
> course ok, the 'takeover' was mostly in regards to improving the
> buildscripts/packaging, doing released etc.
I'm more than happy for someone else to take over the build / release
stuff, gnome-themes already does some fairly questionable things as a
result of my lack of build skills :) I'd certainly want to remain
responsible for the a11y themes though, as you say.
A couple of other general points on this topic:
- Any themes with their own fancy-pants engines need to actually work
properly :) See http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=109403 for a
list of the ones that don't currently co-operate.
- Any themes we allow in future should be LGPL'd. The module is
currently GPL'd, which is causing some consternation, and we'd like to
change it if we can get everyone's permission.
CALUM BENSON, Usability Engineer Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum benson sun com GNOME Desktop Group
http://ie.sun.com +353 1 819 9771
Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Sun Microsystems
] [Thread Prev