RE: Browser - [was 2.4 Proposed Modules - 2 weeks left]

>I don't think Jeff actually said that. (I think he said he likes the idea
>of
>a GNOME browser but isn't sure if epiphany or galeon is ready to be that
>browser.)

Yeah. I'd like Jeff to point out what is not mature with them and if these
things cant be solved in 2.4 timeframe.

>I think UI-consistency is probably reason enough.

I think there are several more small thing that a GNOME browser can do better.
But I think UI consistency is definately enough. I frankly feel ridicoulous
for a desktop to ship a browser that doesnt follow his guidelines ;)

>But we should accept the
>fact that, even if epiphany becomes our perfect GNOME browser, a lot of
>GNOME users would continue to use Mozilla instead.

I dont see a problem with this.

>For me, it's probably a question of application complexity and the existence
>of competing products.

Competing products:

I dont see mozilla like a competing product. They have different targets.
Galeon ? Well if this the reason we delay the choice of a native GNOME browser,
I think I should discontinue Epiphany development.
It's necessary to make a call between Galeon and Epiphany at some point.
So that the other project can retarget or stop to be developed ...

Complexity: