Re: 2.4 Proposed Modules - gucharmap

On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 11:03, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> More low-hanging fruit:
>
> >   gucharmap - A full-featured unicode character map tool.
> >   http://gucharmap.sourceforge.net/
>
> So, how does the gucharmap maintainer feel about being part of GNOME?
>
> I remember some talk about accessibility problems? What's the status of
> that, or plans?

I think it looks very good accessibility-wise at the moment; though it
needs more testing I think any remaining issues can be treated as
fixable bugs.  And if you try examining its accessibility support with
at-poke, make sure you use at-poke with the "-m" option to limit the
number of children at-poke will enumerate for a given object (see
at-poke --help), since the gucharmap character list widget has a few
hundred thousand children I think...

It's a really cool utility :-)

- Bill