Re: D-Bus \approx Mbus
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: "Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro" <gjc inescporto pt>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: D-Bus \approx Mbus
- Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 11:46:14 -0500
On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 04:32:19PM +0000, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
> See: http://www.mbus.org/
> Just one more example of reinventing the wheel.
That thing isn't even remotely suitable for what we're trying to do
here. There are a million possible things with 'message bus' in the
name, or 'IPC' in the description, they are not all the same thing
with the same goals and tradeoffs. If they were, we would just have a
single opaque IPC mechanism, instead of having sockets.
] [Thread Prev