Re: [2.4 feature freeze- bring it on]

<quote who="Seth Nickell">

> >         *control center and gswitchit are excepted until we get the
> >         inclusion of gswitchit/libxklavier straightened out.
>
> gswitchit looks like it has a lot of great features. Its also possibly the
> hardest to use piece of software considered for GNOME inclusion that I can
> recall, which is ironic because the basic role filled by the software is
> very simple. gkb is not exactly an exemplary piece of work itself, but
> (particularly after a lot of work by Kevin & Dennis) its to the point that
> its reasonable. It looks like the underlying architecture for gswitchit
> could provide much better usability than gkb, but right now it'd be a
> *huge* regression. The interface needs to be completely redone from
> scratch, label fudging and pixel tweaking isn't going to be enough.

The intention is that it would be integrated with the control-center, which
would most likely fix up a lot of the usability issues (Sergey is very open
and helpful when it comes to suggestions, and he would love feedback). The
question is whether that work can be done in time for the initial UI
freeze...

- Jeff

--
GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

   "Warning: we're not going to use the testing sessions as vehicles for
                    personal UI vendettas." - Anna Dirks